The semi-coherent, occasionally amusing, usually grammatically correct ramblings of a recovering English major.

25 August 2007

"by'r lady, thirty years." romeo and juliet: i, v

Well I'll be damned if it isn't my 30th birthday in about an hour and a half.


What a strange (and usually wonderful) ride it's been so far.



....
Not, as you can see, a lot of blogging went on over the summer. It hasn't been a particularly interesting summer. There have been a few things I've wanted to write about but haven't yet ... I may yet still do so. School starts up in a couple weeks and no doubt I will want to procrastinate.

Tonight I was riding the bus with V. and there was a lady passed out drunk across from us. She was rather rotund and very well endowed in the chest, so that as she fell forward with the motion of the bus her face was flopping down right into her cleavage. HOT. I was seriously concerned that she was going to suffocate in her own boobs.

Last night I guess the kids were all back in town for college starting up, so there was all manner of nonsense going on downtown here. The nightclub next door was hopping with all the little striped-button-down-American-Eagle-shirt-and-frayed-bluejeans-wearing frat boys lining up, checking out the girls, who, at this point, are simply not putting on pants -- I can only assume for ease-of-access. I wish I was exaggerating, but I swear to you that I am not joking at all when I say I saw more than one girl wearing one of those stupid-looking tunic-style tank tops with no pants, just boy-short-style underwear, and wedge shoes. My soul shrunk a little.

So apparently I'm thirty and a cranky old person now. That's cool, at least I have an excuse for being cranky now.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Almost welcome to the club (since I still have an hour on you)...the water is...well it's damn hot damnit!

Get it...cranky? Heh?

V. said...

It was a red letter birthday thanks for letting me share it with you.

Nicky said...

It sure was a great day! Best year ever, I'm telling you, that's what it's going to be.

Katie Schwartz said...

happy birthday, bubbalah!!! I hope this 30th year is your best ever. May all of your wishes, hopes and dreams come true.

xo,
jewgirl