The semi-coherent, occasionally amusing, usually grammatically correct ramblings of a recovering English major.

23 April 2007

"...POP..."! hamlet: v, ii




Finally, the flowers and leaves are starting to POP!!

Spring. I have a love-hate relationship with it. Because much of the time, if I really think about it, Spring is fairly shitty: rainy, raw, muddy. But days like today, the day the flowers POP, the day the air feels like a soothing bath, the day the sunshine is finally warm, the first day you smell that hot sidewalk smell mingled with that muddy earth smell and the smell of every plant and tree waking up and waving in the breeze .... it's just so fucking gorgeous.

Anyway, that day is today, and the fact is, nothing on a day like today can make me feel sad. Even though I was dealt a minor disappointment during the day today, my attitude was magically transformed from the usual "why me?" to the much more desireable "que sera, sera!"

I feel like I can handle anything on a day like today.

1 comment:

Amy Guth said...

I hadn't thought to make an "anxiety" label on my blog. But, I think I shall. :)

Glad you had a pretty day, Skirm.