The semi-coherent, occasionally amusing, usually grammatically correct ramblings of a recovering English major.

07 November 2006

"ruffians dance and leap" king richard ii: ii, iv



For whatever reason, this scene was in my head ALL DAY LONG.

Was there anything better than David Bowie in this movie? I kind of wished I was as cool as him when I saw this movie as a kid. These days this movie comes to mind whenever I'm having a bad day or someone is pissing me off. In mind, I just say "You have no power over me!" It's actually remarkably effective. I recommend it.

---
In other news, if you're a local reader of this blog, which, if you are, I am probably related to you, but if you are, just a note that on Thursday at 6pm, author/friend of mine Amy Guth will be reading from her book Three Fallen Women at Symposium Bookstore on Westminister St. You should check it out because it is sure to be a rockin' good time.

And, PS, Adam, it has as of this moment, NOT been 2 weeks since my last post; it has been a mere 12 days. So, mweh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey! "You have no power over me!" won't play - some sort of usage violation. Rats! I remember this scene, too, and I have to say, it astonishes me that someone so damn skinny can be so cool! - J